Saturday, April 5, 2008

By Example...

I was sitting upstairs last night by myself, doing a little writing when Riley came upstairs and asked what I was doing. I told him and he took off for the kitchen without any hesitation and said, "I want to write too." He grabbed a notebook from the basket and came and snuggled right up next to me on the couch. Shortly after, Connor came wandering up. "What are you guys doing?" He asked. We told him and he said, "I want to write." We found him a notebook and he joined us in the living room in the lamp light, three self-proclaimed writers putting down on paper anything we felt at that time.

I am so happy that they have a desire to do this. It gives me more motivation to continue writing if it gives them a little inspiration to do the same. Their stories are so matter-of-fact, and i find something so refreshing about viewing life through their eyes.

I told them I would post them, so the following two stories are from them. Enjoy.

2 comments:

Charmaine Anderson said...

I envy you writing with your little guys. I wish I would have realized at your age how valuable the process is. Their stories were great. Get them each a looseleaf notebook to keep their writing in and they will be inspired to do more when they see you value it.

Mardie said...

That is way cool! It is super fun to read their points of view. That will be something that their children will enjoy too. You have surely started something wonderful. And I am so glad to have benefitted not only from your stories, but also the idea.

I can see why you love to write so much. It is a wonderful release! I still feel amateaur though. I've been wondering if there is a good writing class for me down here.