Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Starting Something New...

I have recently started a new venture. Those moments in life that pass by so quickly, those little things that I want to remember and I want my kids to remember, I've wanted to find a way to record them. To record them in a way that when I read them in the future I will be brought back to that moment. There is a neighbor of mine that I have become friends with that writes little stories about everyday events she wants to remember. She shared one with me and I was instantly hooked. The moment she read it to me, I said, "I want to do that!" I wanted to learn to write my little memories down the way that she had. And so with a little help and a lot of credit to her, I am attempting to do just that. The following is my first short story of something that happened today. I definately have a ways to go to do exactly what I want to be able to, but you have to start somewhere, right? So here goes... my first of hopefully many story moments of my family and my life. It is titled, "Just 2 Minutes".

4 comments:

Chet said...

Babe, I think you're were meant to be a Blogger! Good Luck! I know you'll be great! I'm glad one of us cares enough to get some of these great memories recorded.

I Love You Forever!

Chet

Mardie said...

WOW!!! You did great with that short story!!! Can I learn to do that? That's a talent! good job!

Traci said...

Tresa!
You made me cry! You definitely have a gift with words! Can't wait to read future stories! Thanks for sharing! -Traci

Charmaine Anderson said...

Hi Tresa, I don't think it was an act of chance that you and I got put together and I am sure I was imspired to bring that story the first time I met with you. I am looking forward to all you are going to do with your writing. Love, Charmaine